Overdose Confirmed in Glee Star Death

Home / Choosing a Rehab Facility / Overdose Confirmed in Glee Star Death


Overdose Confirmed in Glee Star Death

Cory Monteith died of a accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol. The 31-year-old, who was found dead on Saturday, had a lead role in the musical-comedy series ‘Glee’ and was publicly known to struggle with substance abuse issues. In April 2013, Monteith voluntarily completed treatment at a rehab facility and had also been treated in a facility when he was 19.

The British Columbia Coroners Service confirmed cause of death in a press release on Tuesday, stating that the actor, who was found in a Vancouver hotel room, died of mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol. Monteith’s death does not seem to have been deliberate.

Police in Vancouver believe the actor returned to the hotel in the early hours of Saturday morning and was alone when he died. He went on to add that the Vancouver Police Department’s conclusion was backed up by the Coroners Service report, but would not disclose details of the evidence found in the star’s hotel room.

At Seabrook, we are committed to providing quality addiction treatment for the physical, emotional and spiritual illness of chemical dependency. Our structured, nurturing programs, along with the principles grounded in the Twelve Step philosophy of recovery, combine to foster the kind of change necessary for a clean and sober life. Our wide range of addiction treatment services include: intensive detoxification, individual and group therapy, and education in the biological, social and spiritual aspects of addiction in residential treatment. Seabrook has rehab facilities located in New Jersey (NJ) and Pennsylvania (PA) and also an outpatient office in New York (NY). If you or a loved one are in need of alcoholism detox, Seabrook is a first class option. Visit www.seabrook.org for more information.